I recently encountered a unique conundrum with using Weebly, and wanted to share my experience with anyone who also uses the Weebly platform (which I need to get around to reviewing actually, especially with the number of new features they have recently added).
I had a number of sites built sitting under one Weebly account. So from the same login I could edit a few different sites I was working on.
One of these sites I decided to sell on Flippa. It was an affiliate site making a nice little bit of money each month, and was relatively passive. However, I just couldn’t be bothered doing anything more with the site to build it up, so decided to sell.
The auction went well and the site sold. However, what was I going to do with the site as it’s hosted on Weebly?
Transferring a site to another host when using WordPress with something like Hawk Host is easy. But Weebly doesn’t have any easy “DIY” transfer method. The good news is that you can do it – it just requires some emailing!
If you need to transfer a Weebly site to another account (whether another one of your own, or someone else’s) here’s what you need to do:
- Get an email address that has NEVER been used before on Weebly (this is important)
- Contact Weebly support and request they transfer the site to that email address – they will set up the account for you.
- Sit back and relax, and don’t forget to answer any questions that might come through from the support team
Other things you need to know:
- This process is free
- Weebly will issue a password for that newly created account
- The newly created account will get whatever level of paid service you had on your old account (and will renew on the same date it would have)